In relationships that include one health-conscious individual and one not-so-health conscious individual, there’s usually a breaking point.
A point when the health-conscious wants to reach out to the not-so-health conscious,
a point when the health-conscious wants to educate the not-so-health conscious,
a point when the health-conscious wants to shake the not-so-health conscious,
a point when the health-conscious wants to rip the Chips Ahoy out of the hands of the not-so-health conscious, catapult them across the room, and yell “BE GONE!”
Alas, Will and I never really had that moment, but I sure did dream about it. About a year into our dating relationship I can remember thinking that I totally had to revamp his favorite dessert recipe—chocolate chip cookies—to something that was a little bit easier on the budget and the waistline.
(Meaning my waistline because he has one of those “what the heck” metabolisms where he can eat whatever he wants and still have the abs of Shaun T.)
And with that, this chocolate chip protein cookie recipe was born! They’re super easy to make, the ingredients are cheap, and it is suitable as a snack or a healthier dessert option!
Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies
Yields: About 10 cookies, depending on size
Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup protein powder of choice
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (or more, if your husband likes his his sweets 😉 )
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Stir to combine, making sure the chocolate chips spread throughout all of the cookie dough.
3. Spoon out balls onto greased baking sheet and form into cookies. Bake for 5-8 minutes, depending on size.
Do you have any favorite “healthier” dessert recipes?