Everyone has THAT recipe.
Come on, you know EXACTLY what I’m talking about. That recipe you made one single time and loved so much that you made it again, and again, and again, and again for months upon YEARS since. That one that you practically know by heart from tossing it together wayyyy too many times. That one that your boyfriend wont touch because of it’s healthy-enough-to-have-for-breakfast quality, which is actually fine because it just means more for you.
Well, here’s mine! These babies have always been a personal favorite for me, and you can count on finding a bag of them stored in my freezer at any time.
You know, for emergency pumpkin situations.
Vegan & Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins
Yield: 10- 12 muffins depending on size
Time: 45 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups Gluten-Free All Purpose Baking Flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/2 cup Gluten-free Oats
- 3/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 3/4 cups sweetener (I used Baking Stevia, but you can also use sugar or agave nectar)
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 15- ounce can of pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup water
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large bowl, mix together flour, oats, xanthan gum, sweetener, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
3. Stir in pumpkin puree and water until combined. Pour mix into greased muffin tins until filled just below the top.
5. Bake for 27-30 minutes, depending on size of muffins. When muffins are done cooking, allow to cool for 5 minutes until serving.