This is an easy summer weeknight meal that comes together in under 20 minutes! Save time by using premade pesto and grated parmesan, but when it comes to the tomato topping—be sure to take the extra minute to freshly dice it. It’s worth the wait!
Pesto Parmesan Tilapia with Tomatoes
Time: 20 minutes
- Two 4-6 oz tilapia fillets
- 2 Tablespoons pesto
- 2 Tablespoons parmesan cheese, more for sprinkling
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 ripe round tomato
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: lemon
1. Preheat broiler. Prepare foil-lined baking sheet and coat with cooking spray or coconut oil.
2. Scoop pesto onto tilapia fillets and rub all over the fish with your hands. Place tilapia fillets on baking sheet and sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top.
3. Place in oven and broil for 9-12 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillets. Dice your tomato while the fish is cooking.
4. When the fillets are done, remove them from the oven and top each piece with half a tablespoon of butter (or more if your husband likes it buttery like mine!) Top each of the fillets with half of the diced tomato and sprinkle with a bit parmesan cheese. Squeeze lemon juice on top if using.
I served this meal along with some roasted zucchini and purple onion with brown rice on the side. It’s a keeper!