1. Ahhhhh, nothing like summer! A few weeks ago I took a beach trip with a group of my girlfriends and had the BEST time! I had never been to Palm Coast before, but it was pretty much a private experience—there were maybe three other families out the whole time we were there, which made the quality time together extra special.
Our days were filled with girl chat, snacks, sun and adult coloring books. It was such a nice change of pace!
We tried out The Golden Lion Café for dinner one night, which was a cute little outdoor beach-themed restaurant, complete with a raw bar, live band and peel-n-eat shrimp. I rolled with the fish tacos and was not disappointed!
Can you tell that we have a silly side?
2. The following weekend, Will and I took advantage of the long 4th of July break and spontaneously planned a trip to Busch Gardens. It’s a little bit more than a 1.5 hour drive from us, so it was a total breeze of a trip!
Go figure..we live in Orlando where people flock all over the world to visit Disney World (which we haven’t been to in YEARS) but we decide to travel to Busch Gardens when we have the chance. Hey, gotta see it all, right? 😉
One of the trip highlights– my fanny pack! Seriously, this was one of the greatest investments ever, even though I looked like I walked right out of the 80’s. I’m bringing it back, I swear.
3. While we were in Tampa we tried out this new-to-us restaurant called Wow Fresh & Fast. They have burgers, salads and pizza, all for pretty affordable prices. I looooove me a restaurant where I can get fresh AND affordable food. They need to bring one to Orlando 🙂
I got a lettuce-wrapped chicken burger & salad with unpictured sweet potato fries. Yum!
4. Also, the animals at Busch Gardens are no joke. I totally underestimated how many exhibits there would be! Will & I are total animal lovers so we had a blast. We will totally be those parents with zoo passes for SURE 😉
5. I started listening to this book this week and am already loving it! Highly recommend!
6. We recently made Rach’s Cincinnati Chili recipe (on a bed of kale instead of spaghetti) and REALLY liked it! It had such a unique flavor with the addition of cinnamon and Worcestershire sauce. I can safely say I’ve never had anything like it before.
Another great Rach recipe! 😉 (try her roasted crockpot chicken!!)
And with that, I’m off! Enjoy your weekend!
Have you ever been to Busch Gardens?