Hey friends! Happy Friday!
1. Will and I hosted our good friends Maggie Jo and Brett a few weeks ago to celebrate Maggie Jo’s belated birthday and I whipped up some red velvet cupcakes as a special treat. When I have the opportunity (and energy) to bake from scratch, I will ALWAYS choose that over buying a boxed mix. This was my first time making anything red velvet, so it was a new experience watching the batter turn red before my eyes. #mindblown
I followed this recipe from Brown Eyed Baker (one of my favorite baking blogs!) and it did not disappoint 🙂
It was ALSO my first time using my brand spanking new piping bag & tips — For $10.00, you really can’t get a better deal! The only mistake I made was not holding the end of the bag tightly as I piped, so it wasn’t long before we had buttercream icing overflowing onto the kitchen counters. But who’s complaining, right?
Popcorn sure wasn’t.
2. Last week, I tried making this white pizza via Dashing Dish and it was SO GOOD. The sauce alone is addictive—if I had it my way I would eat it on anything and everything. A highly recommended recipe!
3. Did you hear? We’re running a doggie hotel!
Totally not on purpose though. A few of our friends were going out of town at the same time so we gladly watched their little pups for ‘em.
Luckily both of the dogs are pretty submissive because Popcorn thinks he is the king of this house. When the other dogs would try to play with his toys (regardless of which one it was) he would follow them around waiting patiently for them to put it down. Even if they moved on to a new toy, Popcorn wanted whatever they had at the moment. Someone needs to learn to share!
4. We love baby snuggles. Will and I got to meet our good friends’ newest addition, Arden, and were smitten <3
Hopefully soon we can take a similar picture with our own sweet babe in our arms!
5. Speaking of future babies, after 1.5 years walking this adoption journey, I just recently have started to get the itch to decorate the nursery. We spent some time painting the room last week, and my current project is painting a dresser that we are going to turn into a changing table. Because we don’t know if it will be a girl or a boy, we aren’t able to put any feminine or masculine touches quite yet, but the basic aspects of the nursery are on our radar.
6. We discovered a new-to-us sushi joint that has been right under our noses for quite some time! Arigato is a restaurant we’ve driven by MANY times, but never thought of trying out—it sort of blends in with its surroundings. Thank goodness for Yelp because this place was a definite diamond in the rough!
And let me tell you… my husband can EAT! Despite his slender frame, he can pack down some food like nobody’s business 😉
Make it a wonderful weekend!
Have any fun weekend plans? Have you ever made red velvet cupcakes?