Hey y’all! How are things? 😀
1. A few weeks ago when Will was out of town on a business trip, I decided to be ultra productive and take on a landscaping project all on my lonesome. We had a corner next to our garage that needed MAJOR work, so I pulled some weeds, filled in the open spots with river rocks and added some stone edging. It took me pretty much all day and several trips to Home Depot, but I’m really proud of how it came out!
Yard work is not for the weary, my friends.
Woohoo! One yard project down, many many more to go!
2. The last time we were in Miami, my mom gave me a bag of chocolate Shakeology to take back with us because she didn’t care for the flavor. We all KNOW I would never spend upwards of $100 on a bag of shake mix, but now I’m worried that I might because it seriously is delicious! It’s also SUPER nutritious. I eat pretty healthy, but I notice a definite decrease in cravings when I have a shake for breakfast or lunch.
As I’m sure many of you do ( 🙂 ), I have a lot of friends who are part of the Beachbody team that promote the shake on social media. To be honest, I really didn’t expect it to measure up to the hype.
I will be seriously depressed when my bag is gone 🙁
3. Speaking of eating healthy, there’s been a handful of recipes we’ve enjoyed these past few weeks!
For Will’s birthday, I made Dashing Dish’s smothered chicken with smashed potatoes & mixed veggies. This was DELICIOUS.
And the other night I made another Dashing Dish recipe—Hummus Baked Chicken with lots of roasted veggies. The recipes says to cook the veggies and chicken together, but I opted to cook them separately because I have a weird thing about the juice that comes out of chicken. This recipe was also pretty good, but probably not something I’d make again.
We also made these (picture-less) crockpot carnitas which are the BOMB. (Is that word still cool?) This was the third time we’ve made ‘em and I can’t even think of trying any other carnitas recipe. It’s quickly become a staple!
4. This. I so need this DAILY.
5. Is anyone else into crime podcasts? I listened to Serial a couple months ago (I know… WAY late to the game) and really enjoyed it. After that I listened to S-Town, which I didn’t like so much, but now I’m on the Up and Vanished train. It’s my favorite one yet– I listen to it while I’m driving, at the gym, or walking around the neighborhood and it’s really captivating. I just finished the most recent episode and can’t wait for more!
6. We have officially begun another house project! Our outside patio was an eyesore when we first moved in– The roof had a slight leak and the floor was covered in carpet that was probably installed in the 1980’s.
Florida + outside carpet = no bueno.
Florida + outside carpet + leaky ceiling = nooooonoooo bueno.
My handy husband has ripped out all of the carpet and we’ve been getting estimates on how much it would cost to have a new patio installed. There may also be a chance that we will get a little wild and redo the patio ourselves 😀 We shall seeeeee!
Have a wonderful weekend, friends!
Any fun plans this weekend? Any good recipes I should try? Any podcasts I should listen to?