To me, there’s no better side dish to bring to a BBQ than fresh summer salsa with tasty tortilla chips on the side. Am I right, or am I right?
I think I’m right.
Let’s ignore the fact that I’m posting this recipe during the completely wrong season, but to be fair I DID happen to make it a while back for a VERY hot summer BBQ at my brother’s house in the scalding month of July.
Then again, when you live in Miami where “winter” means tank tops and scarves, it’s ALWAYS chip and dip season 😉
So let’s just dig in?
Black Bean and Corn Salsa
- 1 can yellow corn, drained and rinsed
- 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 diced red tomatoes
- 1/2 bunch chopped cilantro
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- Juice of 4 fresh limes
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 Hass avocado, peeled and diced
- Salt, pepper, and cumin to taste
- Stir the corn, beans, tomatoes, cilantro, green onions and bell pepper together in a bowl. Mix in lime juice, garlic, and avocado. Add in spices to taste.